Presale Process: What We Fix
At Burns Buy Here Pay Here, you can buy your vehicle with confidence. Our vehicles undergo a reconditioning process to ensure the best conditioned vehicle is on our lot waiting for you. As our customer, we want you to have a full understanding of our presale process so you can drive away with confidence and trouble free driving with your new vehicle.
Step 1: Vehicle selection
Our buying team has over 30 years of experience in the industry and travels in and outside of the Carolinas every week to ensure we have the opportunity to provide you with the best inventory possible. We subscribe to a vehicle history service to make sure we are buying with confidence so you can too.
The first step in our inventory selection process is in-depth research on hundreds of vehicles on a weekly basis. After our detailed research is complete, we come up with a list of potential vehicles that meet our criteria. Our buying team looks over the vehicles that meet our quality of standards. We are able to visually inspect them and check them over prior to purchasing. We are very selective in our inventory buying process.
Step 2: Vehicle reconditioning
Our technicians follow a multi-point visual inspection to ensure each vehicle is reconditioned to NC state standards. This includes a complete oil change, brake reliability check, road test, and detailing. The average amount we spend per car exceeds $1,500 to ensure the car is in the best ready condition possible for you.
The first steps of the recon process involve:
- Inventory Specialist checks in vehicles as they arrive at our dealership to verify mileage and all features on the vehicle and follow up with an inspection with an extensive road test.
- A test drive is then taken by one of our technicians.
- A Multi-point inspection is performed after the test drive and includes the following:
- Scan vehicle computers to check for any diagnostic trouble codes
- Perform a battery and charging system test
- Visually inspect all tires and measure depths to ensure all tires are safe
- Visually inspect all suspension components and vehicles undercarriage
- Visually inspect engine, transmission, and pressure test cooling system for any leaks
- Check condition of all brake components
- Check the condition of all fluids for contamination
From there, one of our service managers or service advisers will source all the parts needed for the recommended repairs and dispatch the work to our technicians.
After all repairs have been completed, vehicles will be driven by multiple service team members for quality control. All vehicles will then be guaranteed for a NC state inspection with emissions.
Step 3: Vehicle Detailing
Once the vehicle is through our reconditioning process it is professionally detailed to give a thorough cleaning, polishing, buffing, and waxing.
This ensures that you can drive it home today.
When steps 1-3 are completed, the vehicle is immediately ready for purchase. So why are we telling you all of this? The vehicle will then be offered for sale on our website. This is why our entire inventory does not come to the lot. It can be presold during service. Please contact our associates at the store for a vehicles availability.
We want you to have full peace of mind and confidence knowing you purchased a quality vehicle from us, and that we are keeping you in mind before and after the sale. Before you go anywhere else to buy your next pre-owned used car, truck, van, or SUV, just ask yourself if the dealer you are working with would go through this much effort for you before and after the sale. If not, we look forward to helping you get into your next Burns vehicle! Remember, we are the best Buy Here Pay Here auto dealer in South Carolina and we are proud of it!